Friday, March 03, 2006

The Yellow Brick Road

I know, long time, no post but ive been really busy doing nothing. Nothing ever happens for me to post anyway. Life right now seems like the yellow brick road in the Wizard of Oz.
Im currently overdosed on soaps. Well, soap. I just finished watching season one of one tree hill (yeah, the whole season...a friend of mine loaded it onto my comp coz he was getting bugged with me always complaining about lack of entertainment) and jeez...so much drama! almost drove me mad to tell you the truth. I think i prefer The OC. Atleast i can sit and moralize about them being rich spoilt brats. Aaaah the pleasures of self righteousness!!
Anyway i have decided to make my blog like my online journal since SOME people dont know the meaning of privacy. But never mind that. Studyings getting old, times running out, feel like a convict on the run. The months ahead seem endless. Really like the yellow brick road. Only its grey and terribly boring. Not too much company either. Cant believe there was a time when i had a complicated life and i actually wanted a life where nothing happens. Feel like an old movie star whos been forced into retirement and has only her old movie posters to remind her of her heyday. wow, melodramatic! Afetr many days of annoying cheerfulness, the old depressed-cynical-bored me returns. Where is a drumroll when a girl needs it? Probably off playing for some wooly headed elephant which has managed to dye itself pink. Yeah, go figure.

What i need is some excitement. I tried living vicariously through a friend but shes gone and put her foot down on that. Damn you, woman!!
A good book wouldnt hurt either but i would be eaten up with guilt at all the hours im spending away from my stupid med entrance books. Die, physics, die! I really need to go finish gravitation. Am sure those buggers at CBSE would include a lot of unnecessary questions about why the stupid damn moon stays withthe earth instead of drifting off and crashing into Jupiter. Or some such thing.

Ah ranting gives one such so much satisfaction. I think ill go vent to my journal now and lock it securely (for a change). My grandkids need to know what an angst ridden kid i was. and what a boring life i lead. Ill maybe make some stuff about rampaging rhinos and hordes of wildebeest.
Have this sudden yearning to see The Lion King...In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lions sleep tonight...

6 comments:

Dramaqueene said...

u cant live through me anymore! hah! and uh...how did i put my foot in it? (dont act like its not me cuz uve been yapping abt it for ages)and i know i dont have a life...and NO! u cant help me get one. i hope that covers everything.

re-belle said...

you didnt put your foot in it, u put ure foot on it. Remember the cruelty? Telling me to bugger off and stop bugging you to get a life? Thats what you did. and if you can live with that guilt, fine. I dont like you anymore. humph.

Siddharth said...

"Die, physics, die!" ?

sighs and walks away...

re-belle said...

serpent of whatsis: aw come on man cut me some slack! yes, ive already agreed that physics is a beautiful and mystical thing, right up there with a perfectly made omlette. But if u have to do ur entire eleventh and twelfth portions all over again...and again...well, it kinda gets to you.

Siddharth said...

Serpent of Silver Plumes actually. That's from the Bartimaeus trilogy, which, I'm surprised you have still not read.

I still think you are learning the wrong way. As I've always said, if you try understanding the concepts, it's really a breeze. You won't need to go over everything again. Still, I can sympathise with your situation if that's any consolation to you.

re-belle said...

i get the concepts fine but really ive got awful long term memory. thanks for the sympathy, it does make me feel bettre. and yes, i WILL read the bartimaeus trilogy for sure, just a little later.