Friday, December 23, 2005

surprise indeed

Today, i realised that im not as big a loser as ive generally perceived i was. And its all thanks to sonme wonderful idiots i call my friends. I turn eighteen on sunday and while ive been freakin out about how im so not ready for such an important transition, ive also been thinking about how ive never had a surprise party. Ever. And also about other things like how i havent achieved self actualization and the world isnt closer to world peace and stuff. But more about the surprise party. Well imagine my surprise when some of the people i care about the most turned up at my place with the biggest cake ive evr seen (along with chips, samosas, coke,chocolates and the works) and huge goofy grins and they actually managed to hide it from me. I was really and truly surprised. Of course i knew something was up thanks to my mom being unable to keep anything a surprise and a couple of the idiots insisting i dont have lunch and dragging me to coffee day and acting all jumpy and spending loads of time having whispered arguments on their phones. Kinda obvious. But little did i expect..well...THIS! It was so brilliant. They even managed to do the whole "SURPRISE!!!!" thing and i got to give the whole "aaaaaagghhhhh" and "oh my goood!" thing. It was beyond cool!
And thank you guys for the pink underwear which says "booty queen". Ill be sure to wear it on my birthday. Oh and the cake had icing in the shape of the toilet with the toilet monster...ive nevr been so touched before.

Well, i havent done a lot of things i wanted to do by the time i turned eighteen...i havent become drop dead gorgeous, i havent suddenly developed a killer wit, im not smart and suave, nor am i charming. Im still kinda awkward, shy around new people, i still make dumb jokes, i still suffer from foot in my mouth syndrome. But i figured if ive managed to hold on to such amazing people as my friends and if they would go to so much trouble to make this so memorable for me, i must be doing ok. in fact, more than ok. It really meant like a lot to me, more than ill ever be able to put into words without sounding supercorny. so heres a huuuuge thank you to you guys from the bottom of my toes. i really do love you guys. You rock.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you know someone called anantha?

re-belle said...

uh...yea i do...why? and who are you again?

jus me said...

aww that was a really sweet post.. it is really touching when they put so much thought and care into throwing u a surprise party..

re-belle said...

isnt it just....it made me quite melodramatic for a while....

Anonymous said...

A while??! Babe, you're the quintessential drama queen!
Ps. Love ya too!! = b

Dramaqueene said...

i know, i know... im the best party planner ever...all bow down to my skill and dexterity proven by saddling amrita and nitin with all the work. thank you...thank you...